Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing 5

I guess I am just to wierded out to be a Facebook user. All I entered was first, last name, email and birthdate. Suddenly, many parents from my school are on the page waiting to be added. How did they know? How was every single person they showed someone from my elementary school? OK, I'm better now. Not that I don't love the parents at my school. I just don't want them looking at pictures from my private life, a few barriers are a good thing!

Twitter didn't do much for me either. Tried a couple of celebrities like Oprah and Suze Orman. Just can't see the need and though I see the value in quick exchanges and sharing information, I just don't think it is worth the risk. I noticed the SBISD tweet mentioned some of the dangers.

Back channeling seems fine. If it helps people stay focussed, I guess it is a good thing. I know this is the wave of the future, but you just don't have to jump on every wave.

No comments: