Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing 6

I am fortunate to have an iphone and did upload some of the educational apps mentioned. The astronomy one is quite good and will help enrich our third grade Greek heroes unit. My daughter prefers the Lemonstand game, she compares it to some of the SIMS games that are so popular.

I was excited to learn that there exist a cable that can connect the iphone to the computer screen or projector. Even if it only can do pictures and videos, I still feel the possibilities are worth exploring.

Use pictures and videos to share and document assignments that are not pencil and paper.
Use picture taken to insert into powerpoints to illustrate how-tos etc...
I plan to trying sharing a book over the docking station I have in the room.

I worry that what is so cool about many of the apps is controlling through the touch screen and that will be lost in a group of children if it becomes too large.

No comments: