Monday, August 10, 2009

Thing 11

I gleaned from the posts I read, that a major concern of the areas that fall under digital citizenship, is the lack of critical analysis as the children work on research. Both of the blogs mentioned how the students seem to believe what ever they read and weren't that concerned about discriminating between the facts being presented versus the opinions being shared.

Fortunately, we already teach fact and opinion in the 3rd grade. Now we need to take what we learn as we study advertisements and articles that appear in print and use those same skills and key words like "I believe" and "you should" to alert them that an opinion is being presented.

I thought the chart presented in the blogs were helpful to break down the components of digital citizenship...literacy, safety, learning strategies, and etiquette. I'm wondering if anyone else has complained about the high number of grammatical errors and typos found in some of these blogs and post. Digiteen was so poorly written I found it difficult to follow.

No comments: