Monday, August 10, 2009

Thing 11.5

Thank you for the opportunity to write some final thoughts.

Favorite discoveries is easy for me. Image generators, especially Wordle, was both useful and will be fun for the kids to use next year. I also loved the screencast. By completing it I learned a great deal about recording on my laptop, and will be much more helpful to my students in this area.

The area most critical to life long learning would be a better understanding about microblogging. I had heard of Twitter and Facebook, but did not have a clear picture of what they were. I still don't feel comfortable using them (What are you doing right now?)but it is good to know what other people are talking about.

I guess one of the biggest surprises is that there are grown-ups out there playing in virtual worlds like 2nd Life. I just feel so certain they could be making better use of their time in the First Life.

No comments: